AP are offline but show connected at port on switch

SOLVED
Porcap
Comes here often

AP are offline but show connected at port on switch

I have added 4 MR36 APs to our small network.  They show as offline but I can see them connected and powered on at the switch. And are not displaying correct Ip address at switch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The ports on switch are configured as trunk or access? Have you tested with another device connected on these ports?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The ports on switch are configured as trunk or access? Have you tested with another device connected on these ports?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Porcap
Comes here often

ports configured as access.  Have not connected anything else but its the same for these 4 ports

AxL1971
Building a reputation

Can you ping the AP on your network

I have seen this for a while where as the dashboard states the AP's are down but they are not as I can still PING them and clients connected do not have any issues

Porcap
Comes here often

We found multiple DHCP servers as available.  Blocked 2 of them and the APs and other devices we're successfully added.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels