AP Tag Issue

Solved
ccraddock
Here to help

AP Tag Issue

Dear Community,

I am trying to apply an AP Tag to an AP but the dashboard will not let me save it. I am going to Wireless-->Access Points and then clicking on the AP. IN the AP settings I am going to Tags and clicking on the edit icon. When I type the name of the tag the Save button is grayed out and will not let me save it. I have also tried clicking the check box next to the AP and selecting Edit in the Access Points page, the Add button is also grayed out. The AP is offline and has never been registered with the portal. Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Are you doing it the right way? Input the tag, press enter, click the save button that now becomes active.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ccraddock  I suspect since the AP has never been connected this is the issue. Have you been able to make these changes to a different AP in a similar state?

@BlakeRichardson ,

This is a new meraki rollout so nothing is in production yet. I have other AP's that have been registered to the portal but are also offline, same issue. Ill bring the AP in question online and try it again and report back. 

Thanks.

@BlakeRichardson ,

Even with it online and registered I still cannot create a tag. I may have to open a TAC case with Meraki.

Are you doing it the right way? Input the tag, press enter, click the save button that now becomes active.

@BrechtSchamp ,

Wow! I feel dumb! I didn't press enter! That worked, thanks!

No need to feel dumb. How do you think I found out... 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels