AP Meraki MR32 does not allow access to local status page

Johnny_Rivero
Comes here often

AP Meraki MR32 does not allow access to local status page

I have a problem, a client does not have a dhcp server in the network and I need to configure an ap meraki, I want to put static ip in the MR32 ap according to the guide: https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M... Cannot_connect_to_the_Local_Status_Page_URL_when_wired, but I can not log in, the team is using a generic power injector.

I try to enter the ip: 10.128.128.126 and my laptop has the ip: 10.128.128.125/24

Any suggestions or recommendations

7 REPLIES 7
NolaD
Conversationalist

Go to Network Wide > General

Under Device configuration, verify that one of the ways to access to local status page is enabled. 

MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

If you factory reset the AP, when coming back online it should automatically broadcast a "Meraki setup" SSID. You should then be able to navigate to the local status page via setup.meraki.com or alternatively putting in the IP address of the default gateway. Log in with the serial number of your AP, setup a static IP address as required.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Hi WANKiller,

Thanks, I'll try.

Best Regards,

Johnny Rivero

I need to reset to factory access point since it does not radiate the SSID Meraki setup.

Best Regards,

Johnny

Hello @Johnny_Rivero, This article may help if you're not sure on how to perform a factory reset - https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_F...

Cheers;

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Hi NolaD, 

The equipment is not yet registered, however what I need is to put a static ip to have Internet access since the network does not have a dhcp server.

Saludos,

Johnny Rivero

Como solucionaste la problemática
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels