A thin redwood box around an MR84

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

A thin redwood box around an MR84

Will this cause too much interference? My sense is if the wood is maybe 1/8" it should be fine. Just for cosmetics on a really nice redwood building that will have many pictures taken of it over the years. 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
5 REPLIES 5
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Shouldn't affect it too much since wireless can easily penetrate wood material.

Enthusiast
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

It might make it look better but it won't help it perform better 😃
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

@NolanHerring 

Image result for barn blow up gif

Enthusiast

LOL.

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@RumorConsumer 

I would think it would be relatively easy to test just how much it would interfere.

I mean Build the box, cut a hole in the box and put ohhh wait that's something else.

Still by measuring signal strength and connectivity after building the box, you can test and see just how much it may affect the AP, with it being 1/8th", I would expect minimal degradation of signal quality/strength.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels