802.11X Radius Server Windows not Auth Sent

Solved
RichV
Conversationalist

802.11X Radius Server Windows not Auth Sent

Hi,

We are experiencing an interesting issue with our Wifi using 802.11x and our Radius Server. We have 2 AP  (MR 16) with latest firmware that just stop sending Auth Messages to the Radius Server. All our other APs have no issues. The only way we can fix this is cycling the Port on the MS42P switch the APs are connected to. Below is what I get on the event Log of the offending APs. I never see any Accounting info on our Radius Server showing Auth being sent. Again all APs are same Firmware and Same MR16. All connect back to a Meraki MS24 or 42 Switch. Any suggestions, help, fixes would be great to track this down.

Sep 9 14:46:36	TEST7	802.11 disassociation	
unspecified reason
Sep 9 14:46:21	TEST7	802.11 association	
channel: 149, rssi: 36
Sep 9 14:46:01	TEST7	802.11 disassociation	
unspecified reason
Sep 9 14:45:46	TEST7	802.11 association	
channel: 149, rssi: 35
Sep 9 14:45:46	TEST7	Assigned anchor AP to client	
vap: 0, anchor: 192.168.148.118, vlan: 0  more »
1 Accepted Solution
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Well that for sure sounds like a bug related to the MR16. If you can upgrade them hardware wise I would recommend doing so, those are ancient and I had nothing but problems with them on 25.X code.

If you can't upgrade them hardware wise, then see if you can get support to downgrade them to the latest 24.X firmware version that was released. Mine ran fine on that code, 25.X not so much.

Otherwise you have to wait for the next time they crap out, and then reach out to support, so that they can tshoot.

I can save you some time though, because they are going to tell you to upgrade to 25.14 or 26.4 lol
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

If your reboot those two MR16's, the issue self-resolves?

What version firmware are you running?
TwitterLinkedIn

We are running version Current version: MR 25.13. Yes if we reboot them they will resolve themselves but the problem with crop up again in a few days.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Well that for sure sounds like a bug related to the MR16. If you can upgrade them hardware wise I would recommend doing so, those are ancient and I had nothing but problems with them on 25.X code.

If you can't upgrade them hardware wise, then see if you can get support to downgrade them to the latest 24.X firmware version that was released. Mine ran fine on that code, 25.X not so much.

Otherwise you have to wait for the next time they crap out, and then reach out to support, so that they can tshoot.

I can save you some time though, because they are going to tell you to upgrade to 25.14 or 26.4 lol
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels