802.11 disassociation client not authenticated

SOLVED
Pedro
Getting noticed

802.11 disassociation client not authenticated

Hello everyone,

Ando I try many logs regarding this type of information: 802.11 disassociation client not authenticated
I've read Meraki documentation but it was not very clear to me. This type of event occurs on only smartphones, I do not own these desassociation in notebooks, for example.
So far my SSID was enabled on the Sterring Band. Now I totally dedicated to 5ghz.

Can anyone with more experience tell me the reason for this type of event to exist?

MR33.

Thank you

Pedro Constantino

Pedro Constantino
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pedro
Getting noticed

@Rudi @PhilipDAth

Yes, I detected my problem. This being the rogue AP. Some HP printers I own were with direct wifi enabled and thus causing interference.

One thing I noticed seems to me that this is a meraki pattern since other manufacturers do not happen this to fall for a rogue AP.

Finally, I gradually learn more about Meraki concepts.

Thank you !

Pedro.

Pedro Constantino

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm going to guess it is devices attached to your WiFi and then simply not authenticating.

It could also be a device attaching and then trying to authenticate with the wrong credentials.

In reality they are devices already connected and authenticated. These events are causes during the full-time work. It is not necessarily effect because of roaming, as often the user himself is sitting at his desk.

I will show below a better visualization. I still can not interpret the cause technically.

meraki.JPG

Pedro Constantino
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware version are you using?

@PhilipDAth

I use this:

Is the most current at this time?

firmware.JPG

Pedro Constantino
Rudi
Getting noticed

How is your location for wireless interference? I was seeing something very similar occurring on our old wireless system. It turned out to be a problem with a controller identifying our Wi-Fi as rogue, and spoofing de-auth packets at our clients. The same idea as Air Marshal in the Meraki dashboard. If you have the only Wi-Fi in the area then this won't be the case, but if it's a crowded area it might be worth checking with your neighbours.

Pedro
Getting noticed

@Rudi @PhilipDAth

Yes, I detected my problem. This being the rogue AP. Some HP printers I own were with direct wifi enabled and thus causing interference.

One thing I noticed seems to me that this is a meraki pattern since other manufacturers do not happen this to fall for a rogue AP.

Finally, I gradually learn more about Meraki concepts.

Thank you !

Pedro.

Pedro Constantino
jdiggins
Conversationalist

I am having similar issues, except it is happening with macbooks. Did turning off the direct wifi fix your problem?

Pedro
Getting noticed

In fact what was able to solve my problem was working only with 2 SSID.
And with this solution group creations polices and vlans.
I've been for months without this problem. But I had to think too hard to come to that conclusion.

Pedro Constantino
jdiggins
Conversationalist

Thanks for the quick reply! Did you have more than 2 SSID's before that? Right now I have 3, but we mainly only use one of them. 

Pedro
Getting noticed

@jdiggins 

Today I only have 2 SSIDs.

1 Network Visitors using DHCP from the Meraki network.

2 Corporate NetworkThe police group is always based on SSID number 2, because it is where the Vlans exist, for example:

Vlan1 = Default -> A non-administrative network. Just released navigations at meal times within the corporation;

Vlan2 = Local Lan. Here is where my servers and administrative network are;

Vlan3 = Smartphones and VOIP;

And go to Vlan6.That is, all are in a single SSID, but in group polices pertaining to different Vlans.

Strengths:- Environment totally safe and controlled;You do not have to worry about Wifi passwords;

Negative points:- For a trusted device to enter the network, the T.I team needs to manually play the same on some police group.In my daily life here within the corporation, I improved my administration a lot and reduced my problems of interference and loss of connections 100%.

Is it a little clearer?

Sorry, my english, I'm using google translator.

Pedro Constantino

Hello , what did you do to solve this issue ? , i think  i have the same problem 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels