8 Meraki MR46 new installs, connected, no transmit power

SOLVED
wsalomon75
Here to help

8 Meraki MR46 new installs, connected, no transmit power

Hello all,

I have 8 connected MR46s to a Cisco 9300 on a new floor, with a new config, and after installation, I added the MR46s to our current network of wireless devices. They are showing as connected, took our configs, and when I go to tools and ping out to say, www.google.com they get a response. 

However, when I go to the floor and stand directly underneath an AP, I'm getting no signal at all, despite showing a green light on the device and the SSID being broadcast. I have checked the power, and it's the same config as the 3rd floor which is working just fine.

Any ideas on what to check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Are you using TAGS for the SSID broadcasting control and forget to place those tags on these new APs?

You will want to use a scanner on your laptop or phone to validate if they are actually broadcasting or not.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You say the SSID is broadcasted but you also say you get no signal. But that is contradictory. 

Have you checked with a WLAN scanner? And in the dashboard, what does the individual AP list?

KarstenI_0-1675115957840.png

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Are you using TAGS for the SSID broadcasting control and forget to place those tags on these new APs?

You will want to use a scanner on your laptop or phone to validate if they are actually broadcasting or not.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Looking at this Org pretty sure it's exactly this. 8 APs have no tags and all SSIDs are configured to use availability via tags. 

This is exactly what it was. Being new to the org and setting up Merakis, I didn't know they had this configured. Thank you for the help!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Any chance you are using the MR46E instead of an MR46, and forgot to attach the external antennas?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels