5GHz only with MR74

AdrianH
New here

5GHz only with MR74

I've recently completed a survey for a client using MR74 APs with MA-ANT-25 antennas, and the client has just informed me that the site will now be 5GHz only.

What's the recommended procedure for capping off the 2.4GHz radios so that they remain weatherproof ?

3 REPLIES 3
Network-dad
A model citizen

You can just do this in the settings under Wireless>Access Conntrol>Wireless Options There you can change the settings per SSID.

2019-11-07 09_14_08-Access Control Configuration - Meraki Dashboard.png

If you are looking to do this on a per AP levle you can use RF Profiles and AP Tagging. https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/RF_Profiles

2019-11-07 09_18_21-Radio settings - Meraki Dashboard.png

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad

Good post @Network-dad (and something that should also be done), but he was asking about what to do physically with the 2.4Ghz physical port (such as putting a water proof/dust proof cap on it).

@AdrianH could you just put a simple 2dBi antenna on the 2.4Ghz port to make life simple?  You can't turn the 2.4Ghz radio off, so it will still have radio energy to disipate.

Otherwise you should probably fit an antenuator to the port to stop it self terminating.

@PhilipDAth I was wondering if that was he was asking... @AdrianH  I agree with @PhilipDAth just place a simple 2dBi antenna on the 2.4Ghz port. Disabling the 2.4 Ghz does not turn it off just keeps anyone from being able to use it..  I found these solutions other people have done.

2019-11-07 17_25_58-meraki mr72 - Google Search.png2019-11-07 17_26_16-meraki mr72 - Google Search.png

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels