26.8.1 is now stable release

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

26.8.1 is now stable release

26.8.1 is now stable release and as there is now no release candidate does this mean that 27.x (3?) is about to become a release candidate, the MS12.x software migrated in this way...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Fixed now for both MR and MS, MR goes to 26.8.1 and MS to 11.31, still not SRC for MRs:

cmr_0-1597168610410.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Bizarre.

I'm seeing multiple stable images for MS and MR now.  I'm thinking there is a GUI bug.

PhilipDAth_0-1596661758156.png

Has MS firmware also bifurcated between different models?

The MR view is trying to say that 26.8.1 is stable for the Wifi 6 APs as the 26.8.1 release specifically has bugfixes for those APs, while 26.6.1 is stable for all previous APs.

Hello @PhilipDAth 

Multiple Stable Versions are now available depending on the Model of MS/MR. MS390s and AX APs will upgrade to the versions that you see with .1 at the end. If a network with earlier models is scheduled to this version, they would upgrade to the version without .1 at the end. This is done so that we release fixes for the latest models as quickly as possible and get them to their latest stable. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Seshu so a network with a single MR36 and a loaf of MR33s would upgrade to 26.8.1 on the MR36 with the MR33s going to 26.8, if I read you right. Yet a network of pure MR33s would upgrade to what, the current stable releases are 26.6.1 and 26.8.1?

Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@cmr The APs in a network would upgrade to their compatible version when it is upgraded to a new version. For example, when a network is set to 26.8.1, MR33s would upgrade to 26.8 and when it is set to 26.6.1, they would upgrade to 26.6.

Regards,

Meraki Team

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Seshu so why are 26.6.1 and 26.8.1 both listed as stable releases, surely one or the other should be the stable release?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Fixed now for both MR and MS, MR goes to 26.8.1 and MS to 11.31, still not SRC for MRs:

cmr_0-1597168610410.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels