2 MR33's but only one appears as up. I see ARP for both.

Circos
Conversationalist

2 MR33's but only one appears as up. I see ARP for both.

Hi Guys,

So we have one MX67, one MS210 and 2 AP's in a deployment. 

I'm having issues with one of the AP's. Its configured identically to the other one except the DHCP lease is 1 IP up in the subnet via the MX DHCP settings.

The issue I'm having is that I can see ARP for the AP, I see its MAC and IP, i can ping the IP from the MS210 and the MX but it wont show in the dashboard. It shows as unreachable. The other AP works as per normal and is showing in the dashboard.

It did seem to have some sort of connectivity a while ago as its showing it had a connection to the dashboard at some point, this was probably when it was a flat network before my changes.

I've a management VLAN of 80 configured with a /24 assigned. Its leasing correctly as far as i can tell. 

The switch port is configured to allow other VLANs I've configured with 80 as the native.

Again this is a common deployment for us but this one AP has me puzzled as to why it wont show...

Thanks for any help,

Circos

7 Replies 7
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Can you perform a reset on the AP in question?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I've reset it already. Unfortunately, no joy.

Seems very odd. Might have to take the device back from the site and test in the lab.

Circos

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Call support. Once in a while a device gets stuck in the auth process connecting to the dashboard and they need to give it a kick. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>I've reset it already. Unfortunately, no joy.

When you say "reset" - was it reset to factory defaults?

Circos
Conversationalist

Yeah. Pin hole reset button pressed. I'll get it back to the office and see what's going on I think. If all else fails I'll get onto support as suggested above.
Circos
Conversationalist

I've just logged in and it's up now...it was down for about 15 hours before this....anyway it's working now. I'll see if I can find out why it happened. Thanks for the suggestions all round.

Circos

@Circos  it may have got stuck in a firmware upgrade loop..

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels