15 Sites, with 15 seperate SSID's and 15 seperate splash page logins - How to merge?

SOLVED
PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

15 Sites, with 15 seperate SSID's and 15 seperate splash page logins - How to merge?

Hi All,

Would be the best way to set up 15 linked sites so that a user can sign up for the splash page and then not have to worry about moving between sites until that authorisation expires?

I think I might need to look at VLAN with 'Layer 3 Roaming'. Any advice?

Thank you,
Peter James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could configure "Concentrator based Layer 3 Roaming".  Refer to this section in this document:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/Layer_3_Roaming

One trick I have done in the past in this case - which is super simple - is to create a network specifically for wireless, and put all your APs in this one network - even though it spans multiple sites.  Then when you get authorised on on AP in one site and go to another site Meraki still things you are authorised because it is in the same network.

One downside (it was an upside for me) is that you can only have one splash page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could configure "Concentrator based Layer 3 Roaming".  Refer to this section in this document:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/Layer_3_Roaming

One trick I have done in the past in this case - which is super simple - is to create a network specifically for wireless, and put all your APs in this one network - even though it spans multiple sites.  Then when you get authorised on on AP in one site and go to another site Meraki still things you are authorised because it is in the same network.

One downside (it was an upside for me) is that you can only have one splash page.

Phillip's got it sorted. Either a layer 3 concentrator VPN SSID or alternatively installing all AP's across different in the same wireless network will allow users to roam between the same SSID when visiting different sites. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I used the same SSIDs across all 4 locations...works great! Single splash page is not an issue.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels