Weird Port Scheduling Behavior

DerrickL
Here to help

Weird Port Scheduling Behavior

Hi All,

I'm experiencing this weird issue with port scheduling and wanted to see if anyone experiences this issue. I've checked the Meraki documentation and haven't found anything helpful.

I created a port schedule and assigned it to a bunch of ports and initially it works perfectly, but if I make any changes to the port schedule, I have to select all the ports, edit, and click the update button (without actually making any changes) for the ports to get the updated schedule. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Derrick

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We do use port schedules, but we change the schedule rarely, so I'm not sure if we have the same problem or not.

One thought does come to mind, are you using recent firmware like 9.37 or 10.26?

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@DerrickL wrote:

Hi All,

I'm experiencing this weird issue with port scheduling and wanted to see if anyone experiences this issue. I've checked the Meraki documentation and haven't found anything helpful.

I created a port schedule and assigned it to a bunch of ports and initially it works perfectly, but if I make any changes to the port schedule, I have to select all the ports, edit, and click the update button (without actually making any changes) for the ports to get the updated schedule. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Derrick

I have been having a similar issue with a Group Policy that I had assigned to ports.  Basically, the additional content filtering in the policy wasn't triggering at the set times.  The fix ended up being basically the same as you suggested by editing the group policy and hitting save.  I mentioned to the tech that this could be very problematic to identify and test since users are not likely going to report to me if their restrictions aren't happening at a normal time etc.  I didn't get any particularly useful feedback to that rebuttal. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels