Traffic analytics

SimonReach
Getting noticed

Traffic analytics

Hi everyone, before i log a job with support, i'm just wondering if someone could assist me.  I'm going to be locking down our server's firewalls to only allow traffic that should be getting transmitted and received e.g. only allowing ftp ports for ftp servers, only allowing smtp ports for our smtp servers, etc.

I know if i go into the clients on the Dashboard and click on the client, it'll give me information about the traffic going out for the client e.g. it's destination, port, amount of data, etc, but is there a way to see what traffic is coming into a client?

I've had a look at the Traffic Analytics screen and there's a huge amount of stuff not listed e.g. dhcp traffic, authentication traffic, etc, that need to remain open.

1 REPLY 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think so.  It's probably easier to take a software inventory on the servers to see what they have installed, and then create the firewall rules based on that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels