Port Aggregation shows wrong device connected...sometimes.

chadgiddens
Just browsing

Port Aggregation shows wrong device connected...sometimes.

Gear: MS225-24   I have ports 9 & 10 aggregated and working with my file server.  Been doing fine no issues.  I added a NAS and set it on port 13 & 14 and aggregated those ports. When I aggregated ports 13 & 14 I noticed that 9 & 10 shut down for a second.  Now the switch shows port 9 & 10 as my NAS and ports 13 & 14 as my file server. I turned off port aggregation on 13 & 14 and the switch shows my file server on port 9 & 10 as it's supposed to.  I have moved the NAS to other physical ports ( 11 & 12) and each time I enable more than one set of aggregated ports, all aggregated ports go down for a few seconds and the switch shows the devices connected to the wrong ports.

The pic below is my file server showing on ports 13&14 but it is physically connected to ports 9 &10.  As it's been for a while.  This happens each time I enable new aggregated ports.  The file server shows up on the new ports and the new device shows up on the file server ports.  A little switch-er-oo going on there. (pun intended)

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.28.33 AM.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

However I would try running the stable release candidate 10.31.  It resolves a lot of issues.

This may sound silly but see if restarting the switch fixes the problem. Also update the firmware as previously suggested. 

I'm going to run the firmware update.  Restart didn't fix it. (although i should have tried that first.)

Ran the 10.31 update and the problem still exists.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels