OSPF failed with MS-425 and MS-350

Gaston
Comes here often

OSPF failed with MS-425 and MS-350

I have problems with the OSFP, having two switch MS-425 in Stack and two Switch MS-350 in stack. My connection is as follows, the MS-425 stack connects to the MS-350 stack via Fiber Optics. when I ping from PC 01 to PC02 there is a loss of packets and if I ping from PC02 to PC01 there is also a loss of packets  Any idea what could be the problem. I attach the image detailing the connection

Conecction.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this a 100% loss of packets? 

Are the two machines in the same vlan or different vlans? 

Are the ports connecting the switches together configured as trunk ports? 

Question #1:

The Packet Loss are 75-80%

Question #2:

The Machines are in different Vlans

Question #3:

The Port are Access because the Fibre optic is the ISP. The path is Layer 2 MPLS.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Packet loss not being 100% leans me to thinking its an issue with Layer 1 somewhere along the line. Do you get packet loss from the switches directly (taking out clients from the equation). Do any of the ports show CRC errors or anything like that?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I don´t believe than is the path, the packet loss only occurs between the clients. The interesting thing is that if I replace the MS-350 for the old Switch(Alcatel) it doesn´t present  any packet loss. Also it doesn´t present anything about CRC or physical errors. 

What is the VLAN number and default gateway IP address for PC01.

What is the VLAN number and default gateway IP address for PC02.

Can the switches ping betweem themselves ok?

PC01 vlan 202 default gateway 192.168.2.2

PC02 vlan 308 default gateway 192.168.8.2

Yes the Switch can  ping between themselves. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can each PC ping the remote default gateway ok?

Yes, each  computer can do ping the default Gateway and i dont have a packet loss.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Specifically - they can ping the remote default gateway - the gateway at the remote site from where the PC is?

Yes, but I´ve packet loss. 

Kapil
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Firmware version on both switches?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels