Missing broadcast packets between Meraki and Cisco switch

Eddy_X
Here to help

Missing broadcast packets between Meraki and Cisco switch

Hello everyone,

I am running into an issue that seems to apply to different devices. 

The topology is below. The first model is having issues, and the second one is working just fine. 

Medical device(172.x) -- switch -- A PC with dual NIC(172.x, NAT 10.x) -- Meraki MS250 -- MS425 -- Cisco C6509E -- Servers(10.x)

Medical device(172.x) -- switch -- A PC with dual NIC(172.x, NAT 10.x) -- Cisco2960x -- Cisco C6509E -- Servers(10.x) 

The PC that has dual NIC acts as a software firewall. It has IP from the company network(10.x) and IP from the local network(172.x). I was also asked to assign a company IP(10.x) to the Medical device. The vendor engineer did some kind of NAT setting on the firewall PC. 

Issue symptoms:

Medical device(172.x) is not able to ping Server(10.x) if the network path has a Meraki device. 

Another engineer did some packets capture, and he was saying it looks like some broadcast packets are missing. 

I think this is an L2 issue, and no router exists in the physical path. 

1 REPLY 1
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Since it is super easy to take a packet capture on Meraki , I would go hop by hop , take packet captures on the interfaces and look for ICMP & ARP and validate if the interfaces are correctly configured ( correct vlan , forwarding and so on )

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels