MS250 disconnects for 1 to 2 minutes multiple times during the day

MooMee
Comes here often

MS250 disconnects for 1 to 2 minutes multiple times during the day

I get a stream of disconnects starting when users get on the network in the morning (7:30am) and then they taper off toward noon. I have checked with our ISP, Comcast EDI and all is well. I have run multiple wireshark caps searching for anything out of place. I opened a case with 3 different meraki engineers and couldn't help. There are no disconnects after 3PM and all through the night until the next morning when no users are present. The switches are less than 25% utilized at peek periods. These switches are new for us so i have them trunked into an established HP switch on one single port. I also have 1 MR53 connected to a single port. Everything is connected to the proper vlans. A point of interest... i have one of the new MR53s connected to just the HP switch and it still shows a disconnect when the MS250s and the  MRs connected to the MS250s disconnect. Anything that is meraki is affected by something on the network whether its connected to meraki or hp switch. 

ms250.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@MooMee wrote:

I opened a case with 3 different meraki engineers and couldn't help. 

You are more forgiving than I am. I wouldn't let Support off the phone until they told me why the switches are losing connectivity. They have logs. They can check them. They can tell you, from the switch's perspective, why it lost connectivity. They might not be able to tell you what the exact root cause is if it's something else in the network causing the problem, but they should be able to give you enough detail to know where you should look next.  

Have you tried a different version of firmware, not saying this will fix the problem but it is seomthing worth trying. 

As mentioned don't let support off the hook that easy, if the product isnt working as it should you have the right to find out whats going on. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels