MS Firmware 10.x multicast drops

TFreer
Comes here often

MS Firmware 10.x multicast drops

We have a PIM-SM network set up for informacast. After upgrading to 10.19 and 10.20 from the 9.x firmware, my endpoint devices do not receive the multicast traffic. doing packet captures I can see the multicast traffic go into the uplink interface of the meraki switch but it never reaches the client port the device is connected to. 

In the 9.x firmware I have IGMP Snooping disabled and Flood Multicast packets enabled for the whole network and this worked. Same settings in 10.x do not work. 

Has anyone else seen this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There have been a lot of changes in 10.x. What happens if you enable IGMP snooping in this code release?

I tried that. It helps my IP phones receive my MCast but it kills my IP speakers. If I turn it off again the speakers recive the MCast but not the phones. I have had this problem before with the speakers not supporting IGMP Snooping but as I said both speakers and phones worked with snooping off and flood on in the 9 firmware.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like the speakers are not sending IGMP join requests.  Any chance there is a firmware upgrade for them?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels