MS-350 stack member drops pings

BadOscar
Here to help

MS-350 stack member drops pings

I replaced our cisco core / access switches with meraki MS-350s (core) and MS-225. The MS-225s are a 5 stack and a 6 stack of 48 port for access switches. The MS-350s are a 6 stack using 10Ge fiber uplinks to the access stacks and netapp/vcenter.  The copper and fiber port channels to the netapp had major issues and would frequently go into designated > disabled and back to disabled > designated - this caused major network outages. I have since removed all port channels to the netapp /vcenter which has resolved that particular issue. I have noticed that a switch in the core stack drops 66% of pings - just one switch , all the others are fine - the core stack is on a /28 subnet with all switches using the same dns and default route. I replaced the switch that was dropping pings and now a different switch in the stack drops pings but the original one responds fine.  I also see in the logs the core stack ports are doing the designated > disabled  disabled > designated dance all day and night - even switch ports that are disabled - I also see a disabled port being flagged as backup > designated designated > backup - all these issues started when I replaced the cisco core - it was fine before that - anyone experience similar issues?

54 REPLIES 54
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels