Sign-on with SMS Authentication using Twilio - getting false "invalid number"

SOLVED
FelixJacomino
Here to help

Sign-on with SMS Authentication using Twilio - getting false "invalid number"

I was pretty stoked to set up SMS authentication for access control for our guest SSID. When I, and several others, tested it, it worked perfectly. However, I have come across several guests who are not able to authenticate. When the submit their phone number, they receive an "invalid mobile number" (or something similar). I have verified that in each case they are regular US-based area codes and numbers.

Has anyone else come across this issue and found a solution?

I have posted this on Twilio also with no solutions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FelixJacomino
Here to help

So this is what I usually refer to as an ID10T error... I set Twilio up with a trial account and the only issue was that it expired. As soon as I upgraded to a regular account, it started working like a charm. I just wish instead of "invalid number," the error would have been more indicative of where the problem was. In any case, that's feedback for Twilio, not here. I just hope it helps someone else in this community.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like you are going to need to open a support case with Twilio.

Ben
A model citizen

We use twilio too for our open network and never had any issues like these.

(based in Belgium)

Like @PhilipDAth said I think you're best to open a support ticket with Twilio.

FelixJacomino
Here to help

So this is what I usually refer to as an ID10T error... I set Twilio up with a trial account and the only issue was that it expired. As soon as I upgraded to a regular account, it started working like a charm. I just wish instead of "invalid number," the error would have been more indicative of where the problem was. In any case, that's feedback for Twilio, not here. I just hope it helps someone else in this community.

Cheers!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.