Sign-on with SMS Authentication using Twilio - getting false "invalid number"

Solved
FelixJacomino
Here to help

Sign-on with SMS Authentication using Twilio - getting false "invalid number"

I was pretty stoked to set up SMS authentication for access control for our guest SSID. When I, and several others, tested it, it worked perfectly. However, I have come across several guests who are not able to authenticate. When the submit their phone number, they receive an "invalid mobile number" (or something similar). I have verified that in each case they are regular US-based area codes and numbers.

Has anyone else come across this issue and found a solution?

I have posted this on Twilio also with no solutions.

1 Accepted Solution
FelixJacomino
Here to help

So this is what I usually refer to as an ID10T error... I set Twilio up with a trial account and the only issue was that it expired. As soon as I upgraded to a regular account, it started working like a charm. I just wish instead of "invalid number," the error would have been more indicative of where the problem was. In any case, that's feedback for Twilio, not here. I just hope it helps someone else in this community.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like you are going to need to open a support case with Twilio.

Ben
A model citizen

We use twilio too for our open network and never had any issues like these.

(based in Belgium)

Like @PhilipDAth said I think you're best to open a support ticket with Twilio.

FelixJacomino
Here to help

So this is what I usually refer to as an ID10T error... I set Twilio up with a trial account and the only issue was that it expired. As soon as I upgraded to a regular account, it started working like a charm. I just wish instead of "invalid number," the error would have been more indicative of where the problem was. In any case, that's feedback for Twilio, not here. I just hope it helps someone else in this community.

Cheers!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.