Scanning API response time

Tunerd
Conversationalist

Scanning API response time

I am trying to use the Meraki Scanning API but i encountered some problems. I am currently trying with a unique Access Point (MR62) and I managed to get the API sending the POST requests to my application. 

The issue I am having is the frequency of these POST request. I am receiving one every 15 min in average and that makes the debugging process really slow. Now I don't know if this is caused by the AP reporting every 15 min (instead of every minute as stated in the documentation) or the server sending the requests at slow pace.

Is there a way to check is this is caused by the AP or the server ? And in case it is caused by the AP, is it possible to configure that reporting time ?

3 REPLIES 3
HodyCrouch
Building a reputation

There's nothing exposed that you can configure.

You should check the General page in Meraki dashboard where you set the POST URL.  Do you see a green, yellow, or red circle next to it?  You can see the response time of your endpoint (as seen by Meraki).  If your endpoint is slow, Meraki appears to slow the flow of data.

Otherwise, you should file a case with Meraki for them to investigate.

Tunerd
Conversationalist

The circle is green most of the time, and sometimes turns to yellow. I will see if i can reduce the response time and if that affects the requests frequency.

Also I didn't know that the server only sends reports when a change appears. It could be the reason as I am working in a place where not so much devices connect.

Anyway, thank you for your answers.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It may be that it has no new data to send you.  The scanning API does not keep sending the existing data, just new data.  If there are no changes in the environment you may not get any updates for a while.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.