Retrieve total volume for one day

Solved
ktzanet
Just browsing

Retrieve total volume for one day

Is there a way to retrieve the data volume per client device (or at least per AP device) for a specific amount of time for example for day 22/12/2017? I have seen this request /devices/[serial]/clients that returns 

[ { "description": "Hayg's Nexus 5", "mdnsName": "Hayg's Nexus 5", "dhcpHostname": "HaygNexus5", "usage": {"sent": 1337.0, "recv": 7331.0}, "mac": "00:18:D3:AD:B3:3F", "ip": "1.2.3.4", "id": "lk12uq", "switchport": null }, ... ]

but we can't get it for. a specific date/time. 

Is there an interface I am missing that can be used for this purpose?

1 Accepted Solution
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I assume you're trying to get this information from the API? To my knowledge, you can't get this information for a set period of time from an API call currently.

This information can be gathered from the dashboard by going network-wide>clients and assigning tags to certain clients you want to monitor. After assigning a tag, navigate to organization>summary report. You can then specify to run the summary report on a custom time range, only on certain tagged clients.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I assume you're trying to get this information from the API? To my knowledge, you can't get this information for a set period of time from an API call currently.

This information can be gathered from the dashboard by going network-wide>clients and assigning tags to certain clients you want to monitor. After assigning a tag, navigate to organization>summary report. You can then specify to run the summary report on a custom time range, only on certain tagged clients.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I would like to second this - I am trying to extract usage (# of clients, data transferred, etc.) from MX security appliance networks.

I see that you can do this with MR Wireless networks via the Public Status API page feature found in Network Wide -> General. This is exactly what I am looking for, but for MX networks, so I can capture the wired traffic as well.

Is there a way to enable this?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.