Query params are ignored

SOLVED
Denson
Conversationalist

Query params are ignored

Hi there,

I'm new to scripting and have trouble filtering API results.

To be more precise, i'm using the Postman 'Meraki Dashboard API' and try to filter the results shown after running 'Return the client's network traffic data over time.'. This query currently returns the following values:

"ts":,
"application":
"destination":
"protocol":
"port":
"recv":
"sent":
"numFlows":
"activeSeconds":
},

i've tried adding different keys and values under 'Query Params' to filter the results. These keys and params seem to be ignored however. What am i missing? Any resources for filtering postman api results for beginners would be much appreciated.

Example:

2019-03-22 11_17_05-Postman.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

This is something the code you write should do, there are no parameters to do this from the API side.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do, but there are no filtering functionalities in that call (apart from the MAC-address you specify).

The only thing you can do is limited the number of results returned using the perPage parameter. I tested it out and it seems to work fine here (with perPage set to 5). The startingAfter and endingBefore shouldn't be specified manually but rather use the values as returned by a call. Here's an example, I clicked the headers tab so I could show you the returned "next", "previous" and "last" links:

client_traffic_history.png

i want to filter out specific traffic between client and service, in this example iTunes.

My guess would be adding the parameter key 'application' and value 'iTunes' would help me do so. Adding these parameters to an API call don't seem to have any effect.

another way i would like to filter is leaving out columns.

Lets say the API call returns the following columns:
"ts":,
"application":
"destination":
"protocol":
"port":
"recv":
"sent":
"numFlows":
"activeSeconds":
},

I would like to only return the columns ''application" and "protocol". Can this be achieved within a tool like postman?
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

This is something the code you write should do, there are no parameters to do this from the API side.

CN
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

That's where Postman puts the extra pages! I've been looking for that.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.