No devices ?

SOLVED
LimGroupThierry
Comes here often

No devices ?

Hello,

Sure i missed something with the use of the Meraki Dashboard :

From a php server or Postman, while i can retrieve info from a request like GET /organizations/{id-org} or GET /organizations/{id-org}/networks/ or GET /networks/{id-network}, i can not get anything from a GET /organizations/[id-org}/networks/{id-network}/devices or GET /networks/{id-network}/devices ! 

I have 2 managed networks, one of 60 devices, the other with 600.

Any of above requests reply a 200 OK Status, the devices requests send me a null array

What should i check in the dashboard ? Is there a parameter i missed ? Something else ? Any help is welcome !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bingo!  That API is for Meraki hardware, like switches, security appliances, etc.

You want to use:

GET /networks/[network_id]/sm/devices

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you 100% the NetworkId you are query contains devices?

/organizations/{org_Id}/networks returns 2 networks, wich i can query each one with /networks.{net_Id}. So i am sure with the ids.

On the dashboard, i select one, I click on "Clients" in the "system manager" menu, so I can see my devices (60 in one, 600 in the other) ... 

Bingo!  That API is for Meraki hardware, like switches, security appliances, etc.

You want to use:

GET /networks/[network_id]/sm/devices

Indeed this query replies something ... :

{"errors":["This and many other features are available in the licensed version of Systems Manager, as well as 24x7 phone support. To start a no-commitment trial of the full version of Systems Manager contact your Meraki sales rep."]}

haha 😞

Anybody has an idea of this kind of cost ?

Thank you anyway Philip for your help

The cost can very considerably depending on things like volume and weather it is education/charity or not.

Either contact your favourite Cisco Meraki reseller or from the Dashboard go "Help/Get Help" and scroll to the very bottom.  It has a section labelled "Cisco Meraki Sales".  Contact that person for a referral.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.