cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meraki Webhooks with Solarwinds

Getting noticed

Meraki Webhooks with Solarwinds

Hello all!

I am looking for information to see if anyone has configured this before. I am looking at the Webgooks documentation and see that it is advertised to work with Solar Winds. I am aware that you can use SNMP with solarwinds and have even configured this myself in a lab test and I was not satisfied with the level of alerting and monitoring this provides. 

I want to keep the focus of this post specific to Solarwinds & Meraki API Webhooks, not SNMP. 

Review this documentation: https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Webhooks

As you can see from the page, Solarwinds, Remedy, Pagerduty, Zendesk, Servicenow and  Zenoss are compatable for alarms. 

Does anyone have experience configuring this on the Solarwinds side? 

6 REPLIES 6
Kind of a big deal

Re: Meraki Webhooks with Solarwinds

Hey @ToryDavenport .

You certainly may get lucky here and someone might know the answer, but perhaps this is a better question for Thwack?

Getting noticed

Hi @jdsilva I just posted over there. Thanks for the suggestion, I will update here if I find any information.
Head in the Cloud

+1 on Thwack

Also I couldn't find a specific guide on it. One question though, what is the purpose of the webhook vs email alerts? Solarwinds I believe has an email you can hit with alerting devices.

Conversationalist

A really good use of Webhooks is to post alerts into different platforms. For example, we have added our Meraki devices into Solarwinds using the Dashboard API. We then use Webhooks to post alerts into Microsoft Team.

Example below: MS.Teams_SW.png.

Here to help

@JoeBawn wrote:

A really good use of Webhooks is to post alerts into different platforms. For example, we have added our Meraki devices into Solarwinds using the Dashboard API. We then use Webhooks to post alerts into Microsoft Team.

Example below: MS.Teams_SW.png.

Hi Joe,

Could you please provide links to solarwinds and MS team for this API integration?

I'm a beginner, not sure where to find them.

Regards

Richard

Conversationalist

Hi Richard,

Have a read through on the below article. Some good examples on how to set up. 

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-189830

Thanks

Joe

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.