cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meraki Webhooks & MS Teams

Here to help

Meraki Webhooks & MS Teams

Created Incoming Webhook in our MS Teams environment; however, does not require a "secret" as it's anonymous.  Meraki dashboard requires to input a secret.  Does anyone know how to get around this?

6 REPLIES
Getting noticed

Re: Meraki Webhooks & MS Teams

Meraki does not validate the secret.  Instead, the value is included in the payload sent to your environment.  It's up to you to validate the secret (if you choose to do so).

If you're not going to validate the shared secret, you can enter any value you want.

Here to help

Yeah, I read that in a different article; however, my alerts are not showing up in my Teams environment.

Comes here often

I have the same issue, I have installed the incoming webhook connector into my teams channel, used the URL it generated and pointed the Meraki webhook to that URL. The alerts are not being delivered, yet if I use the E-mail address of the channel and set it as an alert recipient from the dashboard those messages do make it in.

Has any one gotten this integration working yet?

Getting noticed

I'm not using Microsoft Teams, so I don't have a good way to test that end of the integration.

However, I did a quick test yesterday with ngrok and a simple Node.js receiver.  It took a little longer than I expected for the notifications to start arriving, but it did eventually work.  I wasn't keeping close track, but I would guess that it was 10 or 15 minutes.

I set my webhook to receive configuration change notifications only.  I didn't add it to the top-level notification list.  I then toggled a setting on the notification page a few times to cause the notifications to go out.

Here's one of the notifications as an example to look at:

{  
   "alertData":{  
      "name":"Alerts",
      "url":"/manage/configure/alerts",
      "changes":{  
         "rogueAp":{  
            "label":"A rogue AP is detected",
            "oldText":"{\"enabled\":false}",
            "newText":"{\"enabled\":true}",
            "changedBy":"Someone (someone@company.com)",
            "ssidId":null
         }
      },
      "userId":123456
   },
   "alertId":"1234567890123456789",
   "alertType":"Settings changed",
   "occurredAt":"2018-10-29T14:41:39.953568Z",
   "organizationId":"654321",
   "organizationName":"Org Name",
   "organizationUrl":"https://n123.meraki.com/o/5pWeda/manage/organization/overview",
   "networkId":"N_1234567890123456",
   "networkName":"A Network Name",
   "networkUrl":"https://n123.meraki.com/A-Network-Name/n/HakdfJH/manage/nodes/list",
   "version":"0.1",
   "sharedSecret":"asharedsecret",
   "sentAt":"2018-10-29T14:51:47.623106Z"
}
Comes here often

anyone have this working with Microsoft Teams yet?

Here to help

Negative