Meraki Tools for Google Sheets add-on

SOLVED
DexterLaBora
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Meraki Tools for Google Sheets add-on

Hi All,

I’ve published a beta version of my Meraki Tools for Google Sheets add-on.

http://cs.co/meraki_tools

This app started out as a proof of concept to test Meraki APIs and the new SDKs, but quickly became a super powerful tool. I've polished it up and would like to share it with everybody.

Features

• Over 100 Meraki reports
  • Reports are dynamically generated by the latest Meraki Open API Specification
  • Dynamic form selectors using Node SDK
  • A few common tools to make changes to your network.
  • Improved UI
  • Looper! - custom widget to loop through many orgs/nets/serials for a given report. This solves so many custom report requirements.

Please let me know how it works out. If you already had it installed, it should just update automatically.
Once it's been tested for a bit, I will go through the admin of listing it properly on the Google Marketplace so that its easily discoverable.

FYI, here is the repo, which is still being cleaned up. The application was written with Vue.js and a bunch of clever tricks to shove it in a Google Add-on sidebar. 

Enjoy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DexterLaBora
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Meraki Tools is now Google Verified !

What does this mean?

Anybody can now install this free Meraki utility to instantly generate reports with Google Sheets.

- No coding required - 

Download: https://cs.co/meraki_tools

Docs

Updates:

- Refactored for Dashboard API v1

- Added advanced JSON filtering

- OpenAPI explorer for the Meraki API (like a mini embedded Postman) 

- Lots of UI improvements

- note: I removed the legacy sample tools like provision a client, since they relied on the old v0 SDK. 

MerakiTools-APIv1.gif

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Nice addon 🙂

Enthusiast
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

@DexterLaBora 

Looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out later today. 

On a side note any idea if the Meraki Alexa skill will ever be migrated to Google Assistant?

PacJ
Here to help

Hello,

Is there any work around for the "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app  This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In". I am still unable to bypass.

Thanks!

Hi @PacJ , I still need to do a laundry list of tasks to get the app verified by Google. 
FYI, for internal Meraki employees, this message does not happen but I decided to release it publicly in its current state, because it's a really useful reporting tool.

That being said, you should just click on the links to force the app install. Just click on the "Advanced" link and then "Got to Meraki tools"

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 5.45.13 PM.png

Thanks for the quick response. It does appear this tool would be very useful for us.

I have been trying to install the tool for weeks before I saw you uploaded this as an add-on.

Appreciate the feedback and the tools. The Meraki API Express Server is great.

For some reason I do not get the advanced option for this add on, but I do on others. Anyway I'll keep trying and see if I can get through.advanced.JPG

PS. Have you seen this error " VUE_APP_SERVICE' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"  when running the local server?

@PacJ 
Odd that you can't scroll down to see the link. It wasn't on the landing page, but if I just scrolled a bit I could navigate. 

Regarding your local server question, I have updated the Readme doc with more dev instructions. 

https://github.com/dexterlabora/meraki-tools-gas-vue-webpack

Basically, you are getting that message because you have not pulled in the packages for the project.

While in the project directory simply type yarn to pull everything in. 

$ yarn

That being said, there will be a few more steps if you plan on using the dev version.

- install clasp (Google utility to push script files into their system)
- create an new Gsheet and attach a blank script, noting its Project ID

- update your .clasp.json file with the new scriptId

- run yarn deploy to push the app to Google. 

- Now, in the Google Script editor, click on Run --> Run function --> onInstall

The "Meraki Tools" will appear directly in the toolbar of your Google Sheet. 

Hope this helps. If you totally get stuck, there might be a way to forklift the built code as well. 

Thanks, one last question : ) When I run  yarn I get the following error.

[2/4] Fetching packages...
error An unexpected error occurred: "https://registry.yarnpkg.com/websocket-driver/-/websocket-driver-0.7.2.tgz: Request failed \"404 Not Found\""

Any idea?

Delete the yarn.lock file and the run yarn again. Should fix it.

I'll update the repo and fix a few things while I'm in their. Vuitify just updated their version and it broke some of the styling.
Jon_Hurd
Conversationalist

getting same issue:

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Didn't this tool used to have an option to pull from all Orgs or all Networks within an Org? Is that something that was removed?

@SoCalRacer , The reports are now all automatically generated from the Meraki OpenAPI spec. Meaning, there are no custom "scoped reports". Instead.... use the "Looper" widget in the report section to iterate over multiple organizations, networks or devices, depending on the report.

Shockey074
Comes here often

This works great with pulling site-2-site rules but I'm wondering is there a way to use the API to push the rules back to Meraki after making a change in the sheet? thanks!
DillonofAnch17
Getting noticed

@DexterLaBora Just an FYI that this app won't work for accounts that are part of Google Advanced Protection Program. Sadly as a Super admin for my organization that won't change! 

Helppppppppp! This was the best way of reporting without any code workkkkkk 

Please?

Roux
Here to help

@DexterLaBora  Awesome work! I been leveraging the API's in Powershell. It is great for automation and weekly reports, but not for searching real-time data.

DexterLaBora
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Meraki Tools is now Google Verified !

What does this mean?

Anybody can now install this free Meraki utility to instantly generate reports with Google Sheets.

- No coding required - 

Download: https://cs.co/meraki_tools

Docs

Updates:

- Refactored for Dashboard API v1

- Added advanced JSON filtering

- OpenAPI explorer for the Meraki API (like a mini embedded Postman) 

- Lots of UI improvements

- note: I removed the legacy sample tools like provision a client, since they relied on the old v0 SDK. 

MerakiTools-APIv1.gif

Hi, the link to G sheets add-on 404'ed for me. I think link is dead? Can you please repost?

henleyjj_0-1626165262500.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.