Get client log results like Network-wide -> Clients report?

enmartinson
Just browsing

Get client log results like Network-wide -> Clients report?

I'm at a bit of a standstill on this, hopefully someone can help... I want to be able to report on client activity for a network with several dozen APs. I can the data I want manually from the Network-wide -> Clients page, but need to automate this. Is there a way to do this either from the API or another endpoint?

From the documentation I can get a subset of the info by querying each AP, but this a) doesn't get me all the info, like First Seen and Last Seen... and b) is too painful to cycle through. This seems like such a basic feature, I'm shocked it isn't readily apparent how to do this.

Anyone have some direction I can take to get this going?

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Lets take a step back - what information do you actually want?

What I'm looking for is the same data as what you'd get on the clients page, like status (online or offline), Description, OS, Connected to, Usage, IP, MAC, First seen, Last seen, Manufacturer are the ones we look at most often. The API only seems to show me a subset of that info, and only if I query each access point individually. I want to do this for 4-5 sites (and possibly more down the road), and from what I've gathered that would mean at least 100 API calls every time I get stats.

Doing it as a manual download process is far from ideal, as the reason I'm doing this in the first place is to merge with other data sources, and automating that makes the whole thing worthwhile.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also note for the "Clients" page you can customise the data you want displayed using the + on the far right hand side.  You can also use the "Download as" option to dump the data to a CSV or XML file.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.