Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard / API: copy GROUP POLICIES to another network

SOLVED
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Dashboard / API: copy GROUP POLICIES to another network

Hello,

is there any possibility to copy GROUP POLICIES from one network to another? The configuration templates do not offer this and using the API it's only possible to list (and create) device-specific policies.

We have a bunch of group policies, that I want to apply to other, already existing networks.

Thanks in advance,
Matthias Klein, KAEMI GmbH Berlin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Meraki Employee

Re: Dashboard / API: copy GROUP POLICIES to another network

Hi Matthias,

at the moment, we don't have an endpoint that can create new group policies.

You can create a network and then manually create the group policy in that network, and then via the API create a new network based on the one that has the group policy already in it. But as you want to create/update group policies on existing networks, this is not currently possible.

I believe we are currently looking in to adding this functionality, but I'm not sure o timescales, etc.

Thanks,

John

1 REPLY
Meraki Employee

Re: Dashboard / API: copy GROUP POLICIES to another network

Hi Matthias,

at the moment, we don't have an endpoint that can create new group policies.

You can create a network and then manually create the group policy in that network, and then via the API create a new network based on the one that has the group policy already in it. But as you want to create/update group policies on existing networks, this is not currently possible.

I believe we are currently looking in to adding this functionality, but I'm not sure o timescales, etc.

Thanks,

John