Change splash page redirect URL through API

diogosaraiva
Conversationalist

Change splash page redirect URL through API

Is it possible to update the splash page redirect URL using the API? At this moment I can achieve this using other hardware, but for Meraki I need to manually change it in "Wireless -> Splash Page -> Splash Behavior -> Where should users go after the splash page? -> A different URL". Changing this though the API would help me automatize the whole splash page setup process.

Any help would be appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Maybe this works:

2019-01-02 13_31_29-Postman.png

Thanks for the quick reply MarcP, however, I had already found that request and I already use it for other purposes. Unfortunately it does not have any of the attributes that I want updated.

Through the API documentation I can find how to get/update the custom splash URL (for example), however, I can't reach the URL to be redirected after success page through it.

That also does not work. Through that request I can change the splash page URL, not the URL that the user will be redirected after signing in/registering with success.

I can manually change that in the Meraki Dashboard doing this:

"Wireless -> Splash Page -> Splash Behavior -> Where should users go after the splash page? -> A different URL".

Thanks for the help

I think you'll need to use create your own portal leveraging the Captive Portal for that. There's a parameter called continue_url. That's what you need.

More info here:

https://create.meraki.io/guides/captive-portal-api/

The problem was around here, but in the code in my end. I have this correctly setup, the final URL is built correctly with the continue_url that I want, but the user is still not being redirected for some reason

Hi Brecht, still looking into this. I have the continue_url correctly setup, however i get an error_message=Access+denied and get redirected to the index of my captive portal if the continue_url is different that the one that is setup on the meraki dashboard.

Have you even encountered this problem?

Is it possible you have a problem with step 6 or 7:

Logic Flow

1. Client connects to AP
  2. AP redirects client to splash server
  3. Splash page displays content and includes additional parameters in the URL
  4. Client interacts with the site (form, oAuth, SMS, etc.)
  5. Form submission sends user name and password to Meraki in post body
  6. Meraki sends the user credentials to the configured RADIUS or Meraki Authentication server in post body
  7. Meraki grants the login and redirects the client to the success_url
  8. The success_url is a route on the splash server that will store the logout_url paramater
  9. The client is logged in and will see a final splash page which optionally present a logout button using the supplied logout_url parameter
  10. The user can optionally press a logout button using the logout_url to end their session. If a continue_url is provided in the query, it will send the client to this page.

Are you using Meraki or RADIUS auth? Do you have any logs in either?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.