Captive Portal API - Click-Through - Can a email address be passed to the API

DawidvW
Just browsing

Captive Portal API - Click-Through - Can a email address be passed to the API

Hi,

I tested the Captive Portal Click-Through API, works fine, but when a user uses this, I can't see their username or email address in the Meraki Portal Client List...I see their mac address and device hostname, but not their username and/or email address.

I would like to monitor users in case of misuse, but trying to do that when you can only see a mac address or hostname (which some devices have horrible host/device names) is not an option/viable.

Does the API allow this, or should I post a username variable or use another API that will allow this?

Regards,

Dawid

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know if this will work - but have you tried adding the "User" column under Network-Wide/Clients?

1.PNG

Philip,

Thanks for the advice, but no, I have already enabled the column for the username.

Dawid

When you say "click-through" where are you capturing the username/e-mail. The thing with click-trough is that they just need to click a button acknowledging you're usage policy and that's it. So there would be now way to get that info in dashboard. Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.