We need more Alert possibilities for Live Alerts!!

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

We need more Alert possibilities for Live Alerts!!

We are Using Meraki MV to Secure and Monitor a Museum.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-03 um 14.52.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-03 um 14.52.25.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-03 um 14.52.08.png

Now we want to set a Area where Person do not have to touch! the problem we have is that if we do it true Alert it is much to much delay until we get the Mail or tru the HTTP WEbhook!! if we do it true Zone the Problem is that the Camera are not detecting all the person very good so even if they touch into a zone the MQTT event don't set person to "1" 

IS there a Way to use the Area if interest like:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-03 um 14.56.42.png

and check it true MGTT??

Many thanks for any Help on getting the Meraki Kamera alerting fast. As we do play a alert Tone from the MGTT Server (Raspery PI) if Person count goes to one on selected Zones!!

2 Replies 2
pgospodarczyk86
Here to help

Hi MichelRueger,

There are no out of box solutions that would match your business need that I'm currently aware of. However, I would recommend contacting the accredited Cisco Meraki Technological Partner called EVERYANGLE who is specializing in developing solutions specifically for the MV cameras. You can reach EVERYANGLE by visiting their website at www.everyangle.ie

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I feel for your frustrations.

One pain I have with webhooks and motion detection is I want to be able to do further processing on the image, but the webhook doesn't work if you disable motion recap.  And with motion recap on I can't do further processing because it collapses all of the motion onto a single frame.

In your case you will need to use MQTT.  You have no choice but to make the zones a little bit bigger.  The camera needs to capture most of the person inside of the frame because it will recognise it as a person.  I think you should be able to get a compromise where the zone is big enough to trigger on a person entering without falsely triggering too much.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.