Restricting viewing privileges to a specific computer

Banfield75
Getting noticed

Restricting viewing privileges to a specific computer

Monitoring in a reception and a shared mobile.

We need to lockdown the view account to a specific computer through IP-address or MAC. Two factor code isn´t good enough.

Today it isn’t possible. You can look down the access to according to public IP-address. But this means that all the internal computers/devices can access. And you look down external access for all the accounts.

This need to be fixed

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't agree.   2FA is more than enough.   If security is that important to you stop using shared devices. 

Could you explain how 2FA could be enough security if the mobile is shared by rotating staff?

Don't put 2FA on a shared device.   Give each user their own login and 2FA.

Cmiller
Building a reputation

I agree with @PhilipDAth about the 2FA but if you insist, you could blacklist meraki.com in content filtering, then make a Group Policy which has meraki.com allowed only on the PCs you need access to. I would make the GP 1st, and make sure your merkai devices are all in that before you blacklist for everyone else

GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

We are in the process of completely re-working our SAML integration for cameras. This will allow you to use AD/LDAP/RADIUS and associated controls to control access. If you are interested in providing input into the design for this, let me know and I will get a colleague to reach out to you.

Thanks! We are deffently interested and have suggestions. Feel free to contact.  Best Regard Daniel

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.