Odd MV LED behavior

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Odd MV LED behavior

I recently noticed that two MV21's I installed last year (right at initial MV launch) no longer have green LED status lights. On one of the units, it seems like the LED simply doesn't work anymore. On the other, the LED is a very dim amber color. 

Changing the LED status light setting in Dashboard doesn't do anything. Rebooting, resetting, etc. doesn't do anything. Support thinks it's probably a hardware issue at this point - has anyone else seen this before I go replace the cameras?

MRCUR | CMNO #12
3 Replies 3
BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

@MRCUR wrote:

I recently noticed that two MV21's I installed last year (right at initial MV launch) no longer have green LED status lights. On one of the units, it seems like the LED simply doesn't work anymore. On the other, the LED is a very dim amber color. 

Changing the LED status light setting in Dashboard doesn't do anything. Rebooting, resetting, etc. doesn't do anything. Support thinks it's probably a hardware issue at this point - has anyone else seen this before I go replace the cameras?

We are only running about 15 MVs, but no, I haven't noticed it yet on any of our hardware.

BHC Resorts IT Department

We had some odd LED behavior on our MS-220 switches... those were attributed to a firmware upgrade... 

Just spitballing but are they up to date?

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@NFL0NR Yep, they're on the latest beta firmware. Also was happening on the previous versions. I'm fairly confident it's a hardware issue at this point. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.