New MV hardware and MV Sense announced!

rachel
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

New MV hardware and MV Sense announced!

Have you heard about yesterday's exciting announcement? We're so happy to finally get MV22, MV72, and MV Sense out and into your hands.

Here's the TL;DR:

• MV22--an indoor varifocal camera with the same advanced analytics (object recognition/person detection) as MV12
  • MV72--an outdoor varifocal camera with the same advanced analytics (object recognition/person detection) as MV12
  • MV Sense--a license that gives users access to the advanced analytics data output to allow for custom-built solutions (think setting off an alarm if the number of people drops below the safe number of operators in a manufacturing facility, or triggering a multimedia retail display with there are at least 5 people standing nearby)

We also announced a cloud archive option for MV that can backup/extend video storage for 90 or 180 days in the cloud, for those with peskier legal or regulatory requirements.

So, what do you think? Let us know how you plan to use this new hardware and especially MV Sense! We're excited to see what you guys come up with.

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For MV Sense, is it possible to get a developer licence or something like that?  It's the kind of thing I need to play with for a while.

rachel
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Great question! I forgot the best part of all: there are 10 MV Sense licenses included with every dashboard organization (that has second generation cameras, MV12/22/72). Tinker away!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ah yes, I see those free licences.  I shall have a play.

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

Hi all, just found this link if you want to start with mv sense

https://developer.cisco.com/codeexchange/github/repo/CiscoDevNet/Meraki-Camera-Notification

I will Play with it this evening 

Hi! Regarding these 10 MV Sense licenses included with every dashboard, how long are licenses active? Perpetual?
Tks

Awesome news!

MVsense sounds very smart.  Below is the datasheet for MVsense if anyone wants more info.

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_mv_sense.pdf

@PhilipDAth I just found this in the MV datasheet " 10 TRIAL MV SENSE LICENSES INCLUDED IN EVERY MV ORGANIZATION"

ASAPCOM
Comes here often

Hi Rachel

Does the MV21 also support the cloude archive option for MV that can backup/extended video strorage options?

MV Sense sounds interesting. Is there a difference in using MV Sense when using MV21 and MV22?

Regards

Volker

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.