Improved Functionality on Mobile Browsers

Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Improved Functionality on Mobile Browsers

Hey everyone! Today's announcement is small, but exciting. The engineering team has now added support for touchscreen devices, so users can select motion search regions, set areas for privacy windows, autofocus zones and more on mobile devices. This makes it easier to complete set up of a camera on a mobile device. It also means that you don't have to wait until you're back in front of a computer to investigate incidents with Motion Search.

I'm a big fan of this myself, as I do almost everything on my phone or tablet outside of work. What does everyone else think?

8 REPLIES 8
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Awesome, it would be nice to have these same features in the Meraki App.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ditch the Meraki app and replace it with a mobile version of the web site.

@PhilipDAth  I did wonder if thats where things are headed. 

Aha, that is one of my make-a-wishes. That'll help next time I demo the Meraki MVs on our fair (our booths have iPads)! Thanks.

Priesty
Building a reputation

A good start by all means, but im with @PhilipDAth , ditch the app and move a mobile friendly site.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Woohoo! Nowadays I‘m using my iPad more than any other device, so that‘s more than welcome news! 😎

WelbecSecurity
Conversationalist

What is best options to download for iPhone? I am using safari so far? 

I don't have any Apple devices or use Safari but it works great in Chrome ...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.