Export video from MV72 camera

Edgard
Just browsing

Export video from MV72 camera

Seems I cannot export video from the MV72 camera. When I initiate an export, set the window etc..., the task goes into a queue but it never gets executed. Also cancelling a queued export seems not possible (Cancellation pending ...)

9 Replies 9
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

The current minimum time allowed for a single export is 5 seconds and maximum time allowed for a single export is 12 hours.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Processing_Video/Sharing_Video

Are you using Chrome?

Does it do this on other browsers/computers?

Yes, using Chrome. But just did a test using Mozilla Firefox, and it seems to be the same. Export still in queue and nothing happens

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I assuming you have 1Mbps of upstream bandwidth available? Also that you tried this on a different computer?

From my internet provider I have nearly 20 Mbps upload speed (and 200 Mbps download). I just tried on a different PC and i have the same issue on that one.

the weird thing is that it did work last Monday. I could do an export into an mp4 file

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Possibly endpoint security causing an issue? Can you download mp4 from a different web location? I was looking for Meraki video sample, but can't find one. Also you read the doc and verified all the ports are accessible? MX upstream from your device?

tdj7397
Here to help

@Edgard I know there has to be some amount of upstream/upload bandwidth. If you're not getting enough it could be why it's failing or never getting executed out of the queue. On the device status of the Camera I would check to make sure it's communicating with the dashboard properly and there are no weird things in the event log/history.

Also TCP/30001 has to be open to export I believe. I would probably check and see if there's any type of firewall rules in place that could affect this maybe see what you're getting from the Camera's IP on some wirehark pcaps.

Do you have anti-virus on your local PC that could be hanging up any of these processes? I've seen that happen before as well.

Tanner Johnson, ITILv4, ECMS1
EJN
A model citizen

Does it make a difference if you export while on the local LAN versus a remote connection via the web?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Some of the earlier camer firmware versions were a bit finicky.  I found I needed to give them regular reboots to keep everything working.  Tried a reboot?

Are you running a recent firmware?  I'm having zero issues now with the recent firmwares.

I did a reboot of the cameras and now it seems to work, although it takes some time before it shows as completed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.