Dewarped MV32 tiles on video walls and the new "X" Series cameras

Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Dewarped MV32 tiles on video walls and the new "X" Series cameras

We've been quiet for a couple weeks on the new feature front, so we figured we'd make it up to everyone by adding some new camera models today 😉

The MV22X and MV72X have joined MV smart camera family, and are available now in most regions. They feature a half terabyte of storage (512GB), which is 2x the capacity of the MV22 and MV72. There are two options for taking advantage of this extra storage: higher resolution recording, or longer retention. These cameras support 4MP resolution (nearly 2x the resolution of 1080P).  Or, at lower resolution settings, they can store up to 90 days of continuous 24/7 video. 

We're also adding support for dewarped views from MV32 cameras on video walls. You can add multiple views from one or more cameras. More info on how this works can be found on our documentation.Dewarping MV32 on Video WallsDewarping MV32 on Video Walls

Finally, we pre-announced Bluetooth support on all second generation cameras. More details will be forthcoming as we get closer to the release. Our end goal is to have feature parity with MR, but we will be starting with Bluetooth scanning support via API. I'm excited about the potential here, as this will greatly expand coverage and capabilities for existing MR customers that have (or add) cameras. 

To learn more about the new announcements, you can head on over to our website, or our blog. What do you think? Especially curious to hear from any of you that use Bluetooth functionality on MR - how are you using it, and do you see that changing at all when the functionality comes to MV, as well? 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could I please encourage you not to use "seasons" when making announcements for releases.  Meraki is a global company, and I have no idea when your Spring is - but it almost certainly wont be when mine is - or probably 3/4 of your other customers.

Hi @PhilipDAth . Thanks for the suggestion! I used it as easy way to refer to a rough timeframe, as we plan to release the feature in the next couple of months. However, I can understand the confusion that could cause as the Northern and Southern hemispheres are on opposite seasonal schedules. I've updated the blog post to reflect more neutral phrasing and will definitely keep this in mind in the future.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.