MT20 Alert only chosen people not all admins

Wayner
Getting noticed

MT20 Alert only chosen people not all admins

can I have the MT20 only alert  the people in the alert profile and not all network admins.

7 REPLIES 7
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Wayner : An Email or SMS Recipient can be added in the field for notifications. As per the note, all default recipients in the network-wide alerts will be automatically subscribed to get notification. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MT/MT_Installation_Guides/Sensor_Alert_Profiles 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

@Wayner  if you remove "All network admins" from the default receipents and manually add in the person you wish to be notified this will work HOWEVER this will affect any other devices you have as well so you would need to setup alerts for and MS, MR, SM, MV and MX you have. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 8.00.30 AM.png

I think that is not good idea to remove "All network admins" as it will effect on other devices as well ( MR, MX etc.)

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com

I agree @Inderdeep  however its the only method to achieve what the OP asked for. That is why I stated in bold about the flow on affect it will have. 

This is what i was afraid of. it seams silly to me to have all admins see the door alarm. maybe the Battery low would go to the admins. anyway this is how i have it set up but I was hoping for a easier way. thank you @BlakeRichardson 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Wayner : I understand your situation but i think you dont have option here. I would not suggest to remove all admins and put specific users. Good Luck !

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com

@InderdeepI don't think i have any other option the network admins don't need 40 emails a day every time the door opens

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.