vMX in Azure

Solved
stgonzo
Getting noticed

vMX in Azure

We have a vMX deployed in Azure, which is currently used to connect 6 site-to-site VPNs. There is a plan to use the same vMX for VPN Client connections as well once AnyConnect is on a GA firmware. I have been looking into this, and I will try this scenario on a Free Trial soon when I recieve it. For now can anyone help with the 2 questions I have?

1) Are there any known issues with using the same Azure vMX for Client and Site-to-site VPNs?

2) What is the recommended way for DHCP address assignment to the clients, I don't seem to have anything on the DHCP page on the Merkai Dashboard?

stgonzo_0-1640349353109.png

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only thing to note is you must use a split-tunnel VPN.  You can't route your Internet browsing (or client VPN Internet access) via Azure.

DHCP is not used for client VPN assignments.  You allocate a pool of addresses on the client VPN page and users are given an address out of there as they connect.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only thing to note is you must use a split-tunnel VPN.  You can't route your Internet browsing (or client VPN Internet access) via Azure.

DHCP is not used for client VPN assignments.  You allocate a pool of addresses on the client VPN page and users are given an address out of there as they connect.

stgonzo
Getting noticed

Thank You @PhilipDAth 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.