vMX in Azure

Solved
stgonzo
Getting noticed

vMX in Azure

We have a vMX deployed in Azure, which is currently used to connect 6 site-to-site VPNs. There is a plan to use the same vMX for VPN Client connections as well once AnyConnect is on a GA firmware. I have been looking into this, and I will try this scenario on a Free Trial soon when I recieve it. For now can anyone help with the 2 questions I have?

1) Are there any known issues with using the same Azure vMX for Client and Site-to-site VPNs?

2) What is the recommended way for DHCP address assignment to the clients, I don't seem to have anything on the DHCP page on the Merkai Dashboard?

stgonzo_0-1640349353109.png

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only thing to note is you must use a split-tunnel VPN.  You can't route your Internet browsing (or client VPN Internet access) via Azure.

DHCP is not used for client VPN assignments.  You allocate a pool of addresses on the client VPN page and users are given an address out of there as they connect.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only thing to note is you must use a split-tunnel VPN.  You can't route your Internet browsing (or client VPN Internet access) via Azure.

DHCP is not used for client VPN assignments.  You allocate a pool of addresses on the client VPN page and users are given an address out of there as they connect.

stgonzo
Getting noticed

Thank You @PhilipDAth 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.