vMX for Google Cloud

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

vMX for Google Cloud

I have a client who is developing a web application in Google Cloud.  The site is setup for development to come from a static IP address for security.

Currently, the company has that static IP for their office and the remote developers can VPN into that MX to work on the site. 

The company will be closing it office soon.  They decided that they really do not need it, as they have employees across the US, and only a few here in MN.  This leaves no place for the developers to VPN into.

I am thinking that a vMX in Google Cloud could be an solution for the developers.  Since I am new to vMX and Cloud development, I could use some insight about deploying one from an architectural point of view.  I know the application runs in a container and I presume the vMX is also container based.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

-Dave

Dave Anderson
4 REPLIES 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @DHAnderson , I’m not sure if vMX within Googlecloud is available just yet. It’s cited at being available Q2 2021

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

My Meraki rep said I could quote it, so it is close, if not available.

- Dave

Dave Anderson

Did you ever get this? My rep has not been helpful at all about this. We need it and we can't get a release date.

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

No,  my client decided not to.

-Dave

Dave Anderson
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.