vMX License - Small, Medium or Large

SOLVED
TaniaSanchez
Here to help

vMX License - Small, Medium or Large

Hi,

I have noticed there are vMX licenses for Small, Medium or Large. What do these mean exactly? Are they related to throughput or any feature? I can´t find anything on this in the documentation.

Thanks!

T.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Okay got a bit more info...

Small is up to 200Mbps, with up to 50 tunnels.

Medium is up to 500Mbps, with up to 250 tunnels (so essentially what was the vMX100)

Large is up to 1Gbps, with up to 1,000 tunnels.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@TaniaSanchez They’re to do with throughput from my understanding, not different features. Although I didn’t know they were available yet, but knew they were coming, so don’t know what the throughputs are on them.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Okay got a bit more info...

Small is up to 200Mbps, with up to 50 tunnels.

Medium is up to 500Mbps, with up to 250 tunnels (so essentially what was the vMX100)

Large is up to 1Gbps, with up to 1,000 tunnels.

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

What does 50 Tunnels mean, connection to 50 other MXs or actual tunnels? I.e. if you have 25 spokes each with active dual wans, that would be 50 tunnels?

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Actual tunnels. If you have 25 spokes, each with two uplinks, configured to establish AutoVPN tunnels on both uplinks, then that’s the 50 tunnel limit.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @TaniaSanchez , attached a webinar on this back in October.  The sizes are to do with throughput.

vMX-S (200Mbps)

xMX-L (1Gbps)

Dont believe these are available as yet though.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Meant to be on the price list 3 Nov (although haven’t checked, but I’m assuming this is where TaniaSanchez saw them) with support for Azure, AWS and Alibaba (support for GCP in the pipeline... sometime next year)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.