vMX Large on Azure

SOLVED
rasmusan1
Here to help

vMX Large on Azure

Hello,

We are looking to deploy a vMX on Azure, for connectivity to our branch offices.

According to Meraki setup guide (vMX Setup Guide for Microsoft Azure - Cisco Meraki) vMX Large is currently not supported for Azure - Only Small and Medium.

Anyne knows if/when Large model is to be supported on Azure?

Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

>However of course I could deploy 2, and manually control which spoke connect to which hub (each set of spokes with their own supernet) - and create routes in azure for these supernets, to their respective vMX hub

That is exactly what you would do.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
UCcert
Kind of a big deal

Another for a Meraki rep to answer.

@MeredithW , @CarolineS 

Darren O'Connor | uccert.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

Have you considered using two mediums (and homing half the sites on one and a half on the other)?

https://www.willette.works/active-active-meraki-sd-wan-headends/ 

well actually i did not consider that option as the this is in azure, and I am not sure this scenario would be supported? at least not as an active-active solution as described on the link you mentioned - I guess this requires shared IP on the MXs? which I don't think is supported in Azure...

However of course I could deploy 2, and manually control which spoke connect to which hub (each set of spokes with their own supernet) - and create routes in azure for these supernets, to their respective vMX hub

>However of course I could deploy 2, and manually control which spoke connect to which hub (each set of spokes with their own supernet) - and create routes in azure for these supernets, to their respective vMX hub

That is exactly what you would do.

View solution in original post

Since VMX LARGE (1Gbps) has been certified for AWS and Alibaba, I would hope its only a matter of time before Azure is supported, since Azure also has high end Virtual instances that can support process intensive workloads like VMX at high speed bandwidth with lotsa tunnels....      

Hoping this can be fixed soon.....  Its quite critical for a project that VMX Large is supported....

thanks a lot, but that will be SPOF for the whole group if vMX-HUB associated with that spoke group went down, right?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels