vMX Azure peering issues

MattPainter701
Comes here often

vMX Azure peering issues

Ok, i'm at my witts ends here and about to go postal.

Deployed vmx, everything so far came up (used CSP template)

it created 2 new RG's for me, unsure wth those are for.

existing, meraki, merakisfsjdkj32423423423 

meraki holds the managed app, the meraki234234223 holds all else. Everything in same region.

I need to peer my meraki subnet to my existing deployment subnet as it uses the vnetgateway etc, so i go into a vnet and start a peering and i get a permission error. basically stating the managed app will not allow it because of deny statement. But i cant modify that deny statement from what i see, so how the heck do i setup peering?? Meraki support 'we dont support anything not on our basic guide'

Failed to add virtual network peering 'servers-to-meraki' to '/subscriptions/xxxxxx-8334-4cd8-9837-ee244731dd5a/resourceGroups/RG-NWT/providers/Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/VirtNet10-10-0-0'. Error: The client 'user@domain.onmicrosoft.com' with object id 'xxxxxx-ca3b-46be-8ec8-8c0873a88946' has permission to perform action 'Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/virtualNetworkPeerings/write' on scope 'RG-NWT/providers/Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/VirtNet10-10-0-0/virtualNetworkPeerings/servers-to-meraki'>VirtNet10-10-0-0/servers-to-meraki'; however, it does not have permission to perform action 'peer/action' on the '0' linked scope(s) '' or the linked scope(s) are invalid and is blocked by deny assignments on the '1' linked scope(s) '/subscriptions/xxxxxxx-8334-4cd8-9837-ee244731dd5a/resourceGroups/RG-NWT-MERAKIppbqaaevoy7lu/providers/Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/vmx-vnet'.

2 Replies 2
MattPainter701
Comes here often

on a side note...

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/vMX-and-Azure-VNET-peering/m-p/53819#M13512

meantions to be deploying the vmx with an existing network.....

but i was aware from other posts that you cant deploy a vmx on the same vnet using a vnetgateway thus requiring peering.... 

You need to create a vnet that belongs to some other resource group.  Then when you deploy the VMX you select to use that existing subnet.

If you let it create the subnet you run into the issue you have hit.  The only way to fix it is to delete the managed app and start again.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.