single website load balancing

ebrger
Here to help

single website load balancing

Hey,
I am trying to implement the following, however, I fail, how do I do it?

I have 2 lines, Wan1 is primary, WAN2 secondary. Under the uplink flow preferences I have set that everything goes through ports 443,80,...should go through the secondary (WAN2 is just a simple internet DSL access, WAN1 is a syncrone but with little performance at the moment).
This works fine, I surf via WAN2, but company services run on WAN1.
But now I want to set special websites to communicate primarily over WAN1.

How and where can I set this?
Thanks a lot
Eric

6 REPLIES 6
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think that this is easy to achieve as the Flow-Preferences take IPs as the input. If this is an important Business-feature, I would:

• configure a proxy with two IP addresses
  • Configure the proxy to use IP1 for "set1" of websites and IP2 for "set 2"
  • On the MX use flow-preferences to send each originating IP to a different WAN-link.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In case if you can browse the ip of the website and it shows up. Then you could try add the ip as destination before  all other rules?

ZeeBoussaid
Getting noticed

i think it can be done, however you need the network IPs for the website you are trying to access, I have this scenario implemented in 2 of our offices. the website is for user to clock in, and was not responding since we direct all internet traffic to use WAN2 (Broadband) so i direct the website network IP to use WAN1 (Fiber) and it worked like a charm. it's under SD-WAN Policies>VPN Traffic

ZeeBoussaid_0-1615229125653.png

ebrger
Here to help

Thanks for your help, I ran into a problem while considering your solutions:
The websites or webservers do not consist of only one IP, but can be several, most I do not know. I can try to find them out and add them by pinging them regularly, but I won't be able to filter 100% of them. Therefore I thought it is easier with a hostname and works the same. Too bad.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is what I meant with "not easy to achieve". Dealing with IPs for websites can't be the solution.

i agree, i was just trying to share what i have been doing to direct access to one of our vendors.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels