iPad VPN traffic

3ManIT
Comes here often

iPad VPN traffic

I can connect the iPad to the VPN successfully. However, if the wireless access device has the same network as the remote office, the iPad can't find any devices on the remote network. 

For instance, I connect to a hotspot that hands out 192.168.1.x addresses, and I connect the VPN, I can't access the office network devices which are on a 192.168.1.0 network.  I have the "Send All Traffic" option enabled. Although I have tried it with that option disabled as well. 

The VPN network is 192.168.100.0 and works just fine with Windows and Mac clients.

If I connect with a hotspot that does NOT have 192.168.1.0 as its network, everything works just fine.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is expected.

Change the office network  subnet

3ManIT
Comes here often

I'm hoping to find a better answer. At this point, I've told the users to change their home network if there's a conflict. Changing the office subnet is on the radar, but a much larger project than having someone change their home network.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think AnyConnect can handle this situation.  You need to be running MX 16.x, so you might like to give that a try.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/AnyConnect_on_the_MX_Appliance 

But changing the office subnet is still the best fix.

Don't I wish! Anyconnect helped with the Macbook, but not with the iPad.

3ManIT
Comes here often

Also, if anyone has had trouble with MacBooks and VPN, I found that the combination of AnyConnect and the required Service Order will successfully connect a MacBook and allow proper traffic flow.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels