With Traffic Shaping disabled, why would I see consistent traffic on Wan 1 and Wan 2

TheAlchemist
Getting noticed

With Traffic Shaping disabled, why would I see consistent traffic on Wan 1 and Wan 2

Hello,

Have traffic shaping option disabled with Primary Uplink as Wan-1 on Mx appliance. But, still I see consistent traffic on Wan-2.eg 80mbps of Wan-1 and 40mbps on Wan-2. Both Wan-1 and Wan-2 are 1 Gbps  services. I expect Wan-2 to minimal, maybe 10 mbps etc. What would this happen?

8 REPLIES 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have load balancing disabled?

Is vpn set to active-active?

Was there a recent failure on wan1?

Active-Active Auto VPN option was on. Load balancing was disabled.

Even after turning off Active-Active Auto VPN ,Mx appliance shows Wan 1 as Public IP but the Switch connected to Mx shows Wan 2 as Public IP.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you had a recent failover to wan2? Sessions that stay active will stick to wan2.

Actually, Mx was showing Wan 1 as Public IP and MS switch was showing Wan 2 as Public IP. Power cycled switch and its all good. Both Mx and Ms devices show Wan 1 as Uplink ip.

Thanks 

Kyojuro
Here to help

Do you have both load balancing and Active-Active Auto VPN turned off? 

Do you have any set flow preferences that's going out WAN 2?

No preferences but Active-Active Auto VPN was on.

Even after turning off Active-Active Auto VPN ,Mx appliance shows Wan 1 as Public IP but the Switch connected to Mx shows Wan 2 as Public IP.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels