Why did Meraki Rename our Group Policy's ?

PeterJC
Here to help

Why did Meraki Rename our Group Policy's ?

This morning I get in to work to find no one can access the network from Meraki AP's as the 802.1X policy no longer matched any Network Wide Group Policy.

When I investigated this I found (from wireless) & (from appliance) had been added to all our Group Policy names & duplicated !!!

I am shocked that Meraki would do this & cause such disruption !!!

Luckily I was able to undo the damage by renaming them back to the original names, though due to having to delete the duplicates created by Meraki we have lost many devices which were manually give a policy override which will cause users further disruption & take a long time to resolve.

I am disgusted Meraki would do this to our organisation. 

Screenshot 2021-08-12 102226.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You did not split and rejoined a combined network by any chance?

It would be best to create a case and ask support.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Is there anything in the changelog?

I just did a test with Split and combine on my own network..

rbnielsen_0-1628770328139.png

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PeterJC -

Just as a bit of forum housekeeping, I'm going to mark this duplicate thread as read-only; please post any follow-up questions in the main thread about this topic, here: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Dashboard-Administration/Why-did-Meraki-Rename-our-Group-Policy-s/m-...

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels